Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Happy Earth Day!

Hello everyone,

I hope you are all having a great Earth Day and are taking some time to appreciate our lovely world! Please see the Google Classroom for three fun optional tasks you can take part in to celebrate Earth Day this week. As well, take some time to think about all of the things you are grateful for that come from the earth! 


One thing that I am very grateful for is all of the wonderful indoor and outdoor plants. Not only do some of them provide us with food, but I think they are so beautiful to look at and they help me feel calm and relaxed. I wanted to share with you how much the cucumber plants that we planted have grown in the past month!




One thing we often forget about plants is that they are living things! I was reminded of this when I noticed our cucumber plant was starting to become active! It had reached out and grabbed onto the cord on my blinds (I think to support itself and to stretch closer to the sunshine). 




After I noticed this, I decided to try and take a time lapse (a video taken over a long period of time and sped up when you watch it) of our cucumber plant. After two hours, this is how much our cucumber plant moved all by itself. 







I hope this inspires you to care for the plants around you and treat our natural world with respect. Perhaps you can even work with your family to care for your own plants, in your house or in your backyard! There are so many other things you can do to help our earth. Once again, please look to the extra activities posted on the blog to see the different things you can do. Lets do our part to make everyday earth day! 


                                      .         


Happy Earth Day Everyone! 










From, 
Miss. Caughey 🌎


No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Post of the Year

Good morning my fabulous friends! It's hard to believe the school year is already over. I wish we could have all spent the last few mo...